Wednesday 22 June 2011

PINK CIGAR


Camden Underworld 29-5-11
 Oh baby! There's a noise coming out of London & you'd better brace yourselves, 'cause it's heading your way & there ain't a goddamn thing you can do about it.


This mighty behemoth of rock'n'roll noise goes by the name of  Pink Cigar & they were supporting the Heavy Metal Kids at the Camden Underworld when Madame Tightpocket & me were fortunate enough to catch 'em both on the same bill.


Little did we know what we were in for when we headed from the boozer to the gig & saw a few long haired degenerates loitering outside the venue in ripped leather pants, fur coats & smudged mascara. For it was they, OH YES INDEED MATEY, it was they who treated us to the most wonderful filthy, sleazy, rock'n'roll noise that you are likely to witness.




 The singer, 'Sharkie' is a front man in the truest sense of the word. He's got more front than Brighton & he's a complete natural. Bloody hell, I bet this guy was performing the moment he left the womb. The guitarist; known to the English speaking world as Ed, looks like the bastard offspring of Jo Dog, Johnny T & the great Brady. But baby, can this boy play. Make no bones my dears, in a few years time this guy will be on the front of every guitar magazine known to man. Geeetar hero, is the phrase I think you were looking for my little cherubs. 





 The beauty in watching these boys; is that they don't belong to any genre, nor do they want to. They just do what comes naturally. There's nothing contrived about 'em, they're not dressing up or trying to be something they're not. They're just being themselves & boy does that work.



 God forgive me, but I can't remember the names of any of their songs.(It was the first time I'd seen 'em). Boys, do let me know where I can get hold of some of your tunes. PLEEEZE.
 They seem to be playing every place in London that has a plug point at the moment. So when do we get to see you in the north fellas? It's cost the breadknife & me a bleedin mint travelling to & from London in recent weeks.



 It's so comforting to know that the future of dirty assed rock'n'roll is in the safest of  hands. 
 Boys & girls, remember the name, because you're gonna be hearing it a lot more in the not too distant future.
 PINK CIGAR are SMOKIN!!!!!

 Chin chin my dears.

8 comments:

  1. gosh-it would seem you like these lads then ? I agree, they are the future of rock'n roll for sure-standout songs are King of the world-Ladykiller- Strange-The throat-Hot Dog.... fuck it ! theyre all stand out songs-not a duff one in the set XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This band ROCK!!!!!! They are amazing live and completely unmanufactured super cool, the real thing. Rock on baby......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abso'bleedin'lutely my dears. The bread knife & me can't wait to see 'em again.
    Chin chin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing band, truly fantastic. It's about time the world hears some awesome rock music, sick of all the pop-y crap that's out at the mo. Really hope they come out to Australia, but in the meantime I'm saving my monies to see em LIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you little drummer girl, please feel free to download & use any of the snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great band.
    Great songs.
    Great lips.

    ReplyDelete