Monday 12 August 2013

Eddie & The Hot Rods:

LEEDS BRUDENELL: 27-4-13.

Bloody 'ell Trev, get it sorted will ya? It's clipping like hell up here & I need more foldback!
Poor old Trev, I bet he got a right bollocking after the show!

    













If you're like me & you dig your rock'n'roll, if you're from the same era as me, (I won't see 27 again!) then you'll be no stranger to Southends finest, Eddie & the Hot Rods!
 They've been around for as long as I can remember & I must have seen them over a dozen times down the years. The last time was a small intimate soiree in Knaresborough, where they played as a special treat for Captain Sensible on his 50th birthday bash. 
 Imagine the scenario; The Damned have just finished  playing to a packed house, the Hot Rods come on stage & play a short yet blistering set at about 1am when 90% of the audience have vacated the premises. 'Damn fools! You should have stuck around'.



















When I heard these guys were playing at top venue 'the Brudenell', I thought 'yup!' your old mate Flash has got to have a portion of that!!
  I don't know what it is about this place, I've only been here a few dozen times, yet I always manage to get lost when I make the journey by car & the sat nav's about as much use as tits on a fish! I think it's taken to drink when I'm not around!
 So it was a great joy to finally get here & bump into my old mate H.M.K Dave & his Mrs for a light libation in pleasant company prior to the main event!












& what a show! A performance of high musical dexterity & fiery intensity. So well rehearsed, or maybe it's just the years of playing together that's made them so tight they almost squeak like pigs on a honeymoon! Whichever my dears, t'would be a sin & a shame to pass these fellas by if they are performing at a hostelry near you.













With a rhythmn section that sounds like thunder, (& may I say they're tighter than a gnats chuff) & dear 'ol Bazzas voice sounds as good as, if not better than it ever did. He still looks fitter than a butchers dog too. We here at Tightpocket towers rate Eddie & the hot rods................................................
   FORMIDABLE !!!




CHIN CHIN !

No comments:

Post a Comment